Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ISDN 64k to 128k 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeighH

Technical User
Feb 17, 2003
GB
Howdy,

Does anyone know how I would go about raising the ISDN backup on my AN router from 64k to 128k using Site Manager?

I'm told by the service provider that there is 2 B channels.

Thanks in advance,
Leigh H

Yes, assuming you have already configured the first channel to raise a call. (Dialup > Dial on demand), then once in this screen click on Bandwidth on demand and configure it to bring up the 2nd channel. I can go into more detail if you require

I'm having toruble getting my SiteManager to talk to the router (it's running v10.0). However, there's a chap that's running a version of SiteManager here, who I can phone.

Could you go into more detail for me, so I can go through it with him?

Thanks in Advance,

Leigh H

What you also have to bear in mind is,if you are dialing another Nortel router remmber to configure the remote end to have a bandwidth pool.

Therefore if the remote router is a Nortel you need to do the following. On the router which initates the call , on the demand circuit, click on the BW on demand button
enter the BOD pool ID ... useally 1, then set whether its going to be the dynamic monitor or not. Basically this means if the router which dials also monitors the congestion on the line and initiates the second call, probably best to leave this as default unless you're worried about call charges from each site.

Next click on ok and then on the BW on demand button again

You will see new parameters for the bandwidth channel e.g how often the router checks the first line for congestion and at what percentage of use the second line is activated.. unless you decide otherwise you can leave this as it is. The only thing you need to change is the maxium links number.. set this to 2.

On the other router you need to configure a bandwidth on demand pool - go to dialup and you will see an option for it in the middle of the menu.

click on add - give it an ID number.. if there is only going to be one pool assign it the ID of 1

it will then take you to a screen which shows your ISDN connector click on this and then ok, then it will ask you for the pool channel count. change this figure from 2 to 1

Then on the actual demand circuit click on BW on demand and enter the pool ID as 1 and change the bandwidth mode to non-monitor.

Thats all yo have to do.. Hope the above makes sense, if not I can send you a dummy config or send me yours and i will make the changes for you.

Got there before me ! Good clear desription, hopefully that'll help you out

Cheers fellas.

Your help is much appreciated.

L

Just to let you know that this wan't a configuration issue. Our "honest" service provider said that it was a 2B+1D. That was until I demanded they send someone out to site to test it, who told me a different tale.... There was only 1B channel...

LH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back