Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ISDN 30 Lines Dosconnecting on a KXTD 1232

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKThompson

Technical User
Feb 13, 2006
GB
I have a version 6 KXTD 1232 with ISDN 30 running on it. all of a sudden on friday the customer complained that there calls were cutting off and there was noise on the lines.

We have since attended site and discovered that the lines drop out after 5-20secs and there is a clicking noise on all 12 lines aswell.

I have swapped the whole system, and PRI module,the power lead, the ISDN30 DDk to NTE both cable and DDK, and ini'ed the unit; only proggrammed the very basics to get the lines working. I havent connected the other two modules (Xtn cards) and only plugged in the 1st DDK for the main phone. Still when testing with this setup I get the same noise on lines and calls dropping out after 5-20secs.

I have tested the lines (BT) with BT test center and also on the Trend Auroa Duet tester and BT say they are fine and when on the Trend I can have a call for 10 mins without any noise or drop outs.

Also when I connect the Trend to the Panasonic I can make calls lasting 20mins without noise or drop outs.

BT have went to site today and tested again and say everything is fine, though I asked them to replace the NTE anyway just to rule it out, and also as I have swapped out all my kit.

Once the lines are reconnected I get the same problems again.

I now think that this can only be an issue with possibly something in BT's exchange, as the Trend test gear are known to work fine on just about any IDSDN setup.

Any advice or help on this would be great guys.

Cheers G

well you installed an entirely known good system and
different kwown good isdn 30 ?did you do a back up and reload the new system with said backup or did you program the system from the gound up?

I have a backup but no I didnt use it. I only programmed the very minimum to get the 12 channels into service.

Yip its was a working 1232 and PRI module from our lab.

Thanks G

In case anyone is interested this problem was only resolved when BT completely rebuilt the lines at the exchange. Once that was complete I reconnected the PBX and everything worked a treat.

G

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back