Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ISCSI Initiator Not Reconnecting on startup 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingzope

Technical User
Jun 26, 2003
US
Hey guys,

Currently I have HP SAN enviroment setup using ISCSI. The servers within the SAN are connected straight to the network via Cat5. The servers are connected to the array and Initiator via ISCSI.

The issue I am having is the 3 servers I have connected to the initiator do not reconnect upon reboot. When I go to log on to the target I always make sure to select the box stating "Automatically restore this connection when the system boots". I assumed that was the handler for this situation however it does not always come back up. That being said it does come back up 3 out of 4 times.

I've looked at Event Viewer during the time that the system reboots and came across Event ID 10 stating "Login Request failed. The login response packet is given in the dump data." I'm under the assumption that the above Event ID is the culpret. I've searched the net with very little to go on for the Error and the situation. If anyone has any experience in the situation or could offer some advise I would really appreciate it.

Hey thanks a lot man. I've done what you said so I assume it will work for the future.

This can be closed. I've followed what xmsre said and it worked perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back