Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ISAM Error 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cynner39

Programmer
Mar 29, 2004
US
I'm running ZABO (on a unix server) and am attempting to import an excel spreadsheet as a second data provider. During the import process, I receive the following error:

'couldn't find installable ISAM (3170)'.

Any clues on how to resolve this error???

Thanks.

You can't do this. BO on UNIX will not allow you to import a spreadsheet. The import capability uses Microsoft's DAO which is not present on a UNIX box.

There is no resolution.

Steve Krandel
Westbay Solutions

Thanks for the information. Much appreciated.

skrandel,

I went back to another PC, just to give this another try. I was able to get BO/ZABO on our unix box to do the import of an excel spreadsheet as a second data provider.

Any other ideas on why we may be receiving this error?? It seems to be PC specific.

Thanks [smile]

I missed the ZABO portion. You should be able to do this. Doesn the 1st machine have Office installed? You may need to install an updated MDAC from the Microsoft site.

Steve Krandel
Westbay Solutions

I forgot about the MDAC file!!!! Thanks for the reminder. I'll have the client check first thing in the morning.

Thanks!!! [bigsmile]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back