Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ISA Web must go to Proxy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

helphelp

IS-IT--Management
Feb 21, 2002
MY
Hi there,

Hope someone can help me. I am using ISA with SP1. I would like to know if it is possible to connect to the Internet wihtout going through the Proxy Server. I have installed the Firewall Client. Everything is working except that to browse the web I must use the Proxy at the Lan Connection of Internet Explorer.

Thanks.

I'm not sure if it's possible to buypass it with Firewall client or with any client for that matter once you have ISA between you and the Internet.

You may get away with it if you do not have Firewall client installed or disabled. Then change your TCP/IP settings to another Default Gateway other than the ISA server like your router, this should work. Let me know if it does!

Evil Klown

Thanks all. I solved it at the end of the day. I just applied the HOTFIX (not ISA SP1, refer to microsoft website). After than I enable no restriction from the IP Filter and it works!!! I disable all restriction now and it still works. No idea why maybe Microsoft can answer that. Sometimes you just need to try and error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back