Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ISA Server with Cisco Systems VPN Client

Status
Not open for further replies.

pvphatak

Programmer
Nov 19, 2001
IN

I have configured ISA Server on SBS 2000. From the client machines and also from this server I need to use Cisco Systems VPN client to connect to a remote server.

I created IP Packet Filters for allowing PPTP call and receive and also enabled PPTP through ISA firewall.

The problem is that I am not able to connect using VPN Client app also from the machine running ISA i.e. the server itself.

Can anybody help me with this ..

Hi,

i have the same problem, using Cisco VPN Client 3.6.3 on a Notebook, an ISA-Server and a Netgear-Router with ADSL-Interface. Connecting the Notebook directly to the ADSL-Router works fine, but I don't get it running behind the ISA-Firewall. I opened all Ports I have seen - did'nt help. I assume, ISA has to be configured to tunnel VPN outside.
Any idea around ?

Ralf.

OK - on other ISA-Websites I found the answer. ISA is not able to transport VPN directly - The VPN-Packages have to be tunneled through UDP-Packets. But I did'nt get this to work either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back