Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ISA server web publishing problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

huzir

Technical User
Feb 17, 2003
MY
Hi,

I'm fairly new to ISA and security in general. Basicaly, I've setup an ISA server (integrated) in a perimeter network and published a web server. I've also able to browse and send and retrieve e-mail. However, from the outside, I'm only able to browse the internal web server via the ip address. When I try to browse via the name an error, The server denies the specified Uniform Resource Locator (URL) pops up. I've checked my DNS on both the reverse and forward lookup and it seems to be ok since this problem usually refers to a DNS name resolution problem. The DNS is hosted by the ISP.My question is whether ISA is responsible for this and if yes, how do I solve it? If no, then other then how do I solve it as well.Thanks in advance

Huzir

hi huzir :)

Could be to do with "host headers". Check your web publishing rules. Also make sure IIS has correct host header too.

Where is your IIS located? on the same box as ISA????? or in a DMZ? etc...

hope this help is not too late...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back