Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ISA response is really slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

treanor

IS-IT--Management
Jun 19, 2003
DE
I've just installed an isa server on windows 2003 and am having performance problems.
i've installed sp1 and the win2k3 update for isa but the web proxy seems to be responding really slowly.

the server is not multihomed since i only use it for caching and not for any kind of filtering.

because of its poor performance i have configured the clients to use our old proxy 2.0 and the isa is still really slow with only myself and 2 interns using it.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have also found the performance of the ISA proxy to be somewhat lacking. In fact I cannont tell the difference between clients using the cache and bypassing the ISA server altogether!

i've actually given up on ISA - the performance was terrible. i've installed the w32 version of squid and it runs like a charm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back