Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ISA problem when users connect to sites with banners

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdechasteauneuf

IS-IT--Management
Aug 22, 2001
ZA
Hi

I've created 2 Windows NT 4.0 Groups. One for full internet access and one for limited internet access to certain sites).

However when limted users connect to sites that pull ad banners from other sites, they are being challenged as they don no have access to these sites.

Is there a way to resolve this besides adding all the banner sites to the limted access detination set ??

Regards
Chris

I would suggest making another Site & Content Rule.
In this rule i would make it apply to all 'External Destinations Except Selected'. Then choose the destination set you have created for the limited internet users.
Then for action Select 'Denied' and select the box to redirect them, then enter the address of a webpage on one of ur web servers to say something like this is a banned site.
Under 'Applies to' tab, select 'Limited Access Group'.
Now when a pop up banner comes up the banner will show a local web page saying it is a banned site. Instead of a box asking for username and password.

I hope it helps

This is a part of my company project. How can I created a ASI access group and limited internet access to certain sites?

Do I need to set up a user group in ISA server or just keeping the NT4 user group username and PW?

What is the procedure to setup?? Can SithOrd or someone give me a hand..please..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back