Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ISA behing PIX in DMZ...how can i use ISA as the gateway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 22, 2003
US
I have a pix with an ISA server in the DMZ and internal networks (multihomed), and clients and exchange server in internal network. I am just setting up the ISA (i dont know what i am doing on top of that!)and i put it in the DMZ because it will also act as a mail relay using Symantec gateway bla bla bla. mail is sent and received fine when the exchange servers gateway is set to the PIX's internal nic (as is the rest of the internal network), but when I set the exchange servers gateway to be the ISA server, which is needed to publish OWA, vpn clients coming into the internal network through the PIX cannot send or receive.

in short...I need to make the exchange servers gateway point to the ISA server, but it will only work right if it is pointing to the pix as gateway. I cant put the ISA inside the network because that defeats the purpose of a smtp relay (which ISA also is in my case) and i want to eventually use ISA an a VPN server.

whew. please help if you can understand my babbling!

thanks!

man im stupid! no wonder no one responded. I just added the remote subnets to the mail servers routing table. works like a charm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back