Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is VB what I need....

Status
Not open for further replies.

tancan74

Technical User
Jun 19, 2001
US
I need some opinions here. We have this project, it is a Crystal report. We need it to print 2/page, duplexed, which is easy enough in my print setup. My problem is, I need to find a way to tell the printer that before each GH1, to print a separator page. Now, I haven't been having much luck in finding a program that I can program this whole thing in, including the Crystal report and the print specifications I need. It was suggested to me that I could maybe write a VB program that could print the report with the page conditions that I need.
Does anyone know if this sounds like a workable solution? If not, does anyone know of ANY software that will enable me to have print conditions on a page?

One way would be to look in the printers dialog box (on the advanced tab if win 2k) to see if there is an option to print a seperator sheet.

THe printer has the capability of printing a separator page, I just want it to give me one at a specified change of data. When I enable the separator page right now, it just shoots me one at the end of the report
Tanya

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back