Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is Universal Dial Plan over T1 Supported ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueline

Technical User
Oct 14, 2001
US
I'm fairly new to the IP Office, setting only one 500 up very basically.

Can I dial 4 digits to and from a Merlin or Definity via a T1 with tie trunk emulation ?

My application is that I have an existing PBX that I'd like to keep in place for a while and migrate onto the IPO.

I've connected various older PBX's together that way and wondered if the same feature is available. If you have any comments about the way it works, I'd like to know also.

Thanks.

Sure. I have done it with T1 and PRI. I have it working with a Magix and a definity. All you have to do is use short codes to route calls. There are no issues. THe only thing i have not done is try to use a voicemail from a T1/PRI connection. THe IPO supports H323 to so if your definity does IP trunks then you can do it that way as well.

Kevin Wing
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

Thanks for the quick reply Kevin. I think I'll get a T1 card and play around with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back