Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is this possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoneTeck

Technical User
Aug 6, 2003
US
This is probably a weird question, let me try to explain it the best I can im the phone administrator and I do alot of different experimenting and trying things to see if they will work like I want. Im wondering if there is away to take control of a phone on another trunk line in are organization and to make a call from that phone, using that phones pbx at that site, Im thinking I could either try changing settings on that sites pbx from my central location and then somehow try to make a call from a extension from the other site just to see if a call will go through based of some settings I have changed, right now im calling the attendant at the other site and saying try it now, im just wanting to know if i can cut them out of the loop and make the calls from there site myself at the location im at now, im thinking if this works i might be able to disable a send calls from my location as well and any other things i might want to do.

Is this at all possible or am I dreaming?

Am I making sense?

Thanks

You can do testing using remote-access. Depending the system that you are using, do a change remote-access and look at your settings. From there you can set your barrier access code, COR, COS, expiration date and limit the number of times that it can be used. We use if for testing, call-forwarding, sendallcalls, and other FAC options from our main complex.

If you do use this, be sure to use the barrier access code and the expiration date.

Hope this helps.

manfmmd

Another way (more safe than remote-access) is use vectoring, if you have it available.

Write a vector like this:
-route to number xxxxxxxx
-stop
You can administer the number you wish to call in the vector, point a vdn to this vector and then call the extension of the vdn. Note: the COR of the vdn controls the priviledges you have for calling.

Petran.

Ok so how does the barrier access code work, under the change remote acces command there is a remote access extension field is that the field that I want to enter the extension of the phone say at another site that I want to test out? And then the barrier code is a code i specify and when I enter it on my station it will allow me to take control of the station that I specified in the remote access extension. Im kind of confused as to what most of these fields do, like expiration date and number of calls, if someone could clear up some of my questions and explain how to set this up id appreciate it.

Thanks

it will no longer work after the expiration date and the number of calls defines how many times it will work before the expiration date.

Ok im getting confused im trying to set it up now in the remote access extension I put in the extension of the phone at one of our other sites that I wanted to control and it said that the extension must be a local extension, on the barrier code i put in a 4 digit non did number, I know i must be doing something wrong here, any ideas?

Hmm im thinking about how it works now, I read a similiar post to my problem, so you create a new extension that extension will be called and then you enter in the barrier code then when you say dial an extension at another site does it then give you dial tone and you are then actually at that time making the call from that extension using the settings from that sites pbx, im confused.

Site A: You
Site B: Other site.

Access the other site through terranova, ASA or via sat.
On the other site enter: change remote-a
Enter a valid ddi extension, a four digit password, expiration date etc.

From Site A dial the ddi you just created on Site B.
You will hear a tone, enter your 4 digit password, you will hear confirmation. You are at this stage 'inside' Site B, and can do whatever you want from that site.

So the remote access extension that is assigned does it have to be a did number or can I use a non did extension, because I think the site that I want to administer currently doesnt have any free did numbers to use.

If it is not a ddi how will you dial it from Site A ?

What is the actual reason you want to do this?

Hello:

Thanks fo rthe great info on barrier codes. I do have one question.....I understand that barrier codes are a way to access a phone externally, but does barrier codes allow you to actually log into an agent phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back