Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is this possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

mafioso1823

IS-IT--Management
Feb 27, 2002
US
Hello,

I am very new to asterisk. I just bought a new server to install it on but i have a couple of questions about it to see if what i want to do is possible.

1. Be able to have 2 phone numbers assigned to it (1 international and 1 local). I found which offers DID numbers wordlwide.

2. Allow incoming calls to come into either number with different rings.

3. Allow call forwarding from either number to come to my cell phone.

4. Allow me to call either number and punch in a specific pass code and if successfull allows me to make a call from the asterisk box to anywhere. If need be i can purchase 2 more dedicated numbers for this specific purpose

If all these things are possible can someone please point me in the right direction on where i need to start. Any help is very much appreciated.

Thank you.

This all hinges on how the numbers are delivered to the Asterisk box, and what interfaces you have:

1. If it's analog delivery, do the analog lines present the DID digits to the asterisk box?

2. If it's ISDN or PRI delivery you should receive the DID digits natively, make sure.

3. If it's incoming VoIP delivery, how is it being delivered?(SIP or IAX). You should be able to configure the asterisk server based on the incoming SIP or IAX peer info.

Depending on the above condition, you can do practically any of this with the Asterisk Dialplan(especially if your DID numbers are being passed along the line to the asterix box itself).

The real issue is if the service you're using for international DID is really a DID service or a forwarding service. If it's a forwarding service there will be no real way to determine which number was actually called.

Thank you very much for your help, i really appreciate that.

I am looking to using VoIP delivery using SIP. Do you know of any international and/or national DID service's that actually do what i need.

Also have you seen any configuration samples that i can look at that can accomplish something similar to what i am trying to do?

Thank you.

It should not be a problem. Trixbox does this quite well. Route the incoming calls based on the caller id or trunk group.

The follow-me option would allow your cell phone and asterisk phone to ring simultaneously.

The DISA option would allow you to put a PIN number in prior to getting dialtone and calling back out.

Check out asterisk2billing.org. It sounds like this application might be what you are looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back