Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is this possible with Avaya IP Office?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jb3141592

Systems Engineer
Mar 11, 2020
GB
Hi All.

Just wondering if its possible to use Avaya IPO to bridge two external calls. Maybe via the Auto-Attendant?
For example, can someone use there mobile to make a international call via the PBX so the company picks up the costs rather than the user?

In Summary:
External Caller ----> Spare Number ---> Auto-Attendant --> Enter PIN --> Dial Tone for outgoing call.

(P.S. I am aware of toll fraud issues, this is a temp. workaround)

Many Thanks, J

Mobile twinning.

Mobile call back.

Mobile callback allows the user to call the system and then hang up. The system will then make a call to the user's CLI and when answered, provide them with dial tone from the system to make calls.

I can't say I have ever tried to configure this, I just know it to be an option. Use the help file for more details or get out your Google Googles and look it up.[wink]

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Yes this is possible with PRI or SIP using FNE codes on the system. its called mobile call control and allows you to dial in with an authenticated number and get dialtone. once you have dialtone you can place calls or call internal extension numbers. it uses the users mobile twinning number to authenticate the call.

Kevin Wing
ACSS Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Communications
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Vive Communications

Also, if you have an available single line station you could set it to forward to the
outbound route short code with no other numbers. When the call is transferred the outside caller
can dial whatever number they desire.
I believe this will work with twinning also.

Additionally a third party endpoint and a soft phone app you can turn any smart phone, tablet, or pc
into a SIP extension so it becomes a system phone.

When there's something weird with your telephone,who you gonna call,Phonebuster Avaya/Cisco/Mitel/NEC/Nortel/Panasonic
Toshiba/Samsung/ShoreTel/Vodavi/Cans&Wire

If you use 31 (instead of 00 as that sometimes didn't work for me) then you also get a dialtone and can dial right away rather than waiting for a callback
Don't forget to dial 9 or whichever number you would dial to call out.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS (SME)

Remembering intrigrant 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back