Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

is this hard drive a sata 1 or 2 ???? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2005
hi guy's in one of my threads i was offered some advice and told to buy a sata II hard drive and i am very curious as if this one is, sata 1 or sata II. I hope you guy's could help me out as i am not very familiar with that.

this is where you can see the hard drive;

thanks,

Luis Lopez

Some people make things happen, some people watch things happen, while others wonder what happened.

thank you RNVGUY you get a star

Some people make things happen, some people watch things happen, while others wonder what happened.

FYI...
The terms "SATA II" or "SATA 2.0" are not official. Every manufacturer has been choosing their own naming scheme.

Drives are either called SATA 1.5Gb/s or SATA 3.0Gb/s, when referencing speed.

They are sometimes called SATA 2.0 or SATA II when referencing features. NCQ (Native Command Queuing) is the most common example. Some 1.5Gb/s drives for example, have NCQ and are considered 2nd generation SATA drives.

~cdogg
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
[tab][navy]For general rules and guidelines to get better answers, click here:[/navy] faq219-2884

thanks cdogg for your input you guy's have both taught me alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back