Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is this a virus?!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiLgUrL

Technical User
Feb 9, 2003
CA
hello pipz! i am having problem with my computer and i don;t know if it was infected by a certain virus... everytime i ON my computer at start up my screen keeps on blinking - but will stop once it is in the windows mode... i dont know if it is a hardware problem or what ... because this is my first time to encounter this problem... please advice.

regards,
tai

i found a virus js.fortnight.c filename: unknown00000000.data norton deleted it automaticalky but how come the blinking is still there?...

i have norton and says successfully deleted... one friend of mine says maybe a monitor problem. you think it is possible? Few days ago my monitor blinks at startup only... but will stop when im at the windows mode... but just last night even if im in the windows mode it still blinking...and blinking very fast... i can see the icons and everything except that it really drives me insane because of the movement.

well it could be the refresh rate on the monitor.. or maybe the monitor is on its way out...

I would test with another monitor if you have one handy.

To change the refresh rate:
Right-click properties on your desktop
Display properties window
Settings tab.. and then advanced button in lower right hand corner
Monitor tab and then the "monitor settings" area

the setting you want to change is the drop down list.. it should be set at 60-75 Hertz... mess around with it and see if that helps any.

i brought my monitor to a electronic shop and they said it was plyback... and they said it's hopeless so i have no choice but to buy another one... i just wonder if that plyback whatever will cause the blinking... (sorry i just have some doubts that the technician mess up my monitor becase he disassembled it - and i dont know if he's able to return in back :D hehehe) because now i can not even see anything in it. thanks for your time Auger282! Have a nice day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back