Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is this a TS or Citrix problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KungFuKris

Technical User
Sep 5, 2005
GB
I installed and configured Citrix Metaframe Presentation server on a 2003 server (initially using the 120 days grace on my TS licences). Have set it up to publish a desktop, all worked fine using grace period licence, as soon as I've installed my TS Licences, and come to setup permissions to use TS, it's all fallen apart!

Even if I forget about Citrix, and just try and create a TS session, I get the following two errors...

"The desktop you are trying to open is available only for Administrators. Yada yada yada check with your administrator"

and...

"To log on to this remote computer, you must have Terminal Server User Access Permissions on this computer. By default the RDU group has these...etc."

I have put my test user account into the RDU (Remote desktop Users) group to no avail, I've checked the Permissions tab in TS Config and all looks AOK. I've enabled the right to log on through TS in the Group policy editor (does this need to be done on the client too...?). My licenses are definitely there and are set to per user.

All works ok if I log in as Administrator, in Citrix too, but obviously I can't have remote users changing settings on the TS and Citrix server now can I?

Up against the clock on this one, have to get this done by Friday, and am close to giving up!

Please help!

Cheers,

Chris

I found the location on the citrix page. Just go to run and type mfcfg.exe. That should bring it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back