Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is there is a way to make Excell file writable for 2-3 different users

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plato2

Programmer
Dec 6, 2002
US
I am trying to put an excell to a server so that 2-3 different users can open it and start writing some information to this excell file(but 2-3 user can open this excell file at the same time - syncroniosly )...

Thanks in advance

Have you tried Tools|Share Workbook... from the Excel main menu? I believe this is available beginning with XL2000.

Regards,
Mike

Yes, I tried this and it works fine. But I also need and extra step for my project. When 2 different users update the information at the same time(when excel is sharable) the user 1 typed something but the user 2 doesn't see what user 1 typed unless they both clicked save button in excel.So if there is a way to show in a sharable excel what user 1 is typing to user 2.
thanks in advance

Meaning no disparagement to Excel, what you want is a database pure and simple.

[red]"... isn't sanity really just a one trick pony anyway?! I mean, all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you are good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit!" - The Tick[/red]

Yes I understand that we can do database application but I need to do it in Excel...is there is a way?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back