Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is there away to auto delete mail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruBlu01

MIS
Apr 3, 2002
US
Is there any way to delete all messages in the private store that are older than X amount of time? I know I can do it in Oulook, but is there a way to set it on the server side?

Mailbox Manager. See Help for info, it is simple to use.

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]

Mailbox manager? Do you mean the Exchange Admin Console?
I did a lookup on Exchange and found nothing for Mailbox Manager. I can set the age limit for the public store but I see nothing for the private store.

Hi Marc,
Do you know if installing this SP3 tool causes any issues with Exchange 5.5 running SP4 already? Does any patching need to be done after installing SP3's Mailbox Manager? Thanks in advance.

That is not an SP3 tool, it just means the article applies starting at that level, so there are no issues (that I know of).

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]
How Do I Get Great Answers To my Tek-Tips Questions? See faq219-2884

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back