Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

is there anyway to hide page source from being revealed? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

wvdba

IS-IT--Management
Jun 3, 2008
US
hi,
is there anyway to keep the source of a page from being revealed?
thanks.

Pass a value from one page to another the user did not enter means, you already had that information when the first page was output, right?

Then keep that info on the server side, perhaps use a global var or better store it in a table. On page2 you can identify the user is the same by his session and voila, can know what value is to be used for him.

Bye, Olaf.

EdwardMartinIII said:
So, viewing the source would still make the thing practically unreadable (and approximately four times normal size), but it would render great.
Are you suggesting he uses nested tables to lay the page out?

Are you suggesting he uses nested tables to lay the page out?"

Well, there's certainly "write crappy code to prevent people from stealing it," and I hadn't thought about suggesting THAT option.

To use my Mildly Evil Solution, I'd recommend writing perfect code, and then converting EVERY CHARACTER in the HTML file to its individual character entity.

[monkey] Edward [monkey]

"Cut a hole in the door. Hang a flap. Criminy, why didn't I think of this earlier?!" -- inventor of the cat door

I'm pretty sure that the title of this thread is misleading and the poster wanted to prevent direct linking to a second page. In which case server side code and sessions (see Olaf's reply and my earlier suggestion) are a better answer than the side trip we're taking here (although it is marginally amusing [smile]).

Just take a deep breath and let it out. Repeat.

Greg
People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use. Kierkegaard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back