Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IS there any Way to capture outgoing mail on Exchange200 SP3

Status
Not open for further replies.

k1009

MIS
Dec 27, 2001
US
Hi

Is there any way to Capture all Outgoing mail from server?

Thanks N2PCS.

Do u know anything about Global address book. Like how to create and import the addresses in there so that it can we used by all the users commonly.

The GAB is a listing of all of the domain accounts in your system. This is managed by the Active Directory Computers and Users mmc snap-in.

To hide a address click "Hide from address list" on the Exchange Advanced tab.

To add additional contacts(addresses), create a contact record in the Active Directory Computers and Users mmc snap-in.

I want to create a address list of people who are not the part of our domain (eg. xyz@aol.com)

Please advice if that can be done. If yes then how?

I take it that you want the to be in the GAB as well.

I would create a OU and call it "External Contacts". Right click on the OU and New > Contact.

Fill out the info, choose SMTP email address and enter their address. This will then be listed in the GAB.

n2pcs,

where is the exchange advanced tab you are talking about that you can choose to hide an address list with? Thanks

Open the Active Directory Computers and Users mmc snap-in on an Exchange Management system.

Open the user. There should be a Exchange Advanced tab. Hide is the first selection on this tab.

Thanks, I was looking there but my problem was that I didn't have that view enabled (View->Advanced Features for those curious). Got it now, thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back