Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is there an easy way upgrading from FireWall 1 (version 4.0) to (4.1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FW1

Programmer
Jun 21, 2000
ZA
<br>Enviroment : NT Server<br><br>How do you transfer policy rules and object configuration from an existing NT server to a new&nbsp;&nbsp;NT server&nbsp;&nbsp;<br>

Well, I did this once, however it was on a Solaris platform and an upgrade from 3.0b to 4.0. I copied the /opt/CKPfw/conf directory over to the new firewall (this directory contains your objects, rules, services, and other stuff). I can't remember, but I think I also manually created the directory structure of 3.0b, but did not install it. When installing 4.0, it automatically updated my objects to 4.0. I'm not sure how well this will work in an NT environment. Good luck! <p> <br><a href=mailto: > </a><br><a href= > </a><br>Yahoo Messenger: coily2

basically, you can upgrade the firewall from 4.0 to 4.1 and all the firewall policy will remain. I have done it before!

But for safety issue, I would like to advise you to copy out the conf file to disk or other server and print out all the policy and objects. This is to avoid the destroy of the firewall during upgrade and you will able to rebuild back the firewall.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back