Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is there an easy way to export a list of all jobs? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russell5

MIS
Nov 18, 2003
US
I'm looking for a way to export all the jobs that we have set up and what they are backing up. I'm not looking for details of the backups, just a simple list of which servers we have jobs for and what drives/directories are being backed up on each server. We have an application that keeps all the job logs consolidated and queryable, but it won't give me a simple list of the jobs that are set up on our backup servers. Does anyone have any idea on how to get this information (short of looking at each backup server and manually notating the backup jobs).

Depends what exactly you are looking for and what version you are using.

With v9 and above there is a command line utility called ca_qmgr which gives basic information on jobs in the queue.

With v11 and above you get a custom report writer as well which you should be able to use to tailor custom reports of the information you need.

Thanks for the reply vschumpy. I'm currently running v11 on all but one backup server. I've tried using the custom report writer but can't seem to find a way to simply give me a list of the jobs in the queue. It will give me detials on the sessions, but its not what I'm looking for. Plus, it only seems to provide me with information on one particular backup server (whatever is set as my default server).

It appears that the ca_qmgr exists on v11 servers so I created a batch file that exports all info from our servers to one text file. It is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back