Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is there an API into BCM400 4.0 configuration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 11, 2009
US
Boy... I thought I posted this issue this am, but I dont' see it anywhere on the forum?

Anyway,... wondering if there is a API availble for either the BCM400 4.0 release or BCM50 3.0 that would allow me to programatically access the BCM's configuration and report on the configuration the way I want to. The only sort of reporting I've found is a kludgy export to excel?

That would be awesome and provide me the ability to pull real-time audit reports.

So... companies interested in writing their own internal apps (and not for re-sale), still need to cough up $500 for the SDK just to report on their own data from their own system? Any other alternative (or open api) available?

When you say... "per product line" - If we have a BCM50 and BCM400 are we talking two different product lines and 2 x $500??? Just seeking clarificaiton. Thanks!

VOJ

Nortel confirmed it's a $1000 to join the Developer program. Anyone know of a cheaper way to obtain the SDK? Even to trial it?

Can one get API documentation to use in helping to justifying the membership in the developers program? From a value proposition we could pull live configuration data real-time from our phone equipment instead of relying on a export feature in BEM and/or tracking BCM configuration info. Is it possible to get some further details?

Joe

You mentioned you found a kludgy export to excel.

Is this automated?

I am managing reporting using RCC, I can manually view reports and save to excel. I was wondering if your method was automated to schedule reports to save to excel on a daily basis for future excel reporting use.

Let me clarify.

We too use RCC for our BCM400 R4.0 and for our BCM50 R3.0 call center systems. This works ok, but I found the automated scheduling to be weak. (e.g. we want to schedule certain reports to fire off each night, and email them in PDF format to designated operations people) Not found any
good way to do that... A better scheduler in RCC is a must.

The Kludgy export I referred to is really pretty slick, just not what I wanted. Under ELEMENT MANAGER - Under SESSION tab - select Network Element - Save Programming Record - Save All Configuration Data. You then browse to a directory path,input a file name and can choose betweem .html and .xls format. It takes a while to run (30+ minutes on our system) and has to be done manually. The result is a nicely formatted Summary/Detail workbook with multi-tabbed worksheets on ALL of your BCM Configuration data. It's great for back up purposes, but don't see a way to automate this process yet. If someone knew of a way to get command line access to ELEMENT MANAGER, then it might be possible to automate it.

I really want the information in a database that I can work with. But... the developer program has a is $1,000 fee tied to it.

VOJ

Right now I found a solution for under $1000 from tri-line called Tim Professional. I am having trouble downloading the 14 day trial, but it looks like this add-on might resolve a lot of my reporting problems and needs.

What about the SNMP MIB? Can I pull all BCM configuration details using the MIB...

VoiceOfJoe (MIS)
27 Oct 09 8:59
So... companies interested in writing their own internal apps (and not for re-sale), still need to cough up $500 for the SDK just to report on their own data from their own system? Any other alternative (or open api) available?

When you say... "per product line" - If we have a BCM50 and BCM400 are we talking two different product lines and 2 x $500??? Just seeking clarificaiton. Thanks!

VOJ

That's nortel for ya...

Let me know how Tri-Line from Tim Professional works. Would love to have some feedback. No response yet to my question about SNMP MIB and what BCM config data I might be able to pull with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back