Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is There A Way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judalie

Programmer
Mar 25, 2002
US
Is there a way to cause a report to advance 3 times before starting to print? I am having trouble getting my report to fit a preprinted form... and have made progress except that we have to hit the advance button three times (this is a dot matrix printer due to 3pt form)... any help would be greatly appreciated..

If you are not using the Report Header in your report design, try adding the extra space you need to that section. It prints once at the beginning of the report. (I am assuming that after the first form prints your page spacing is okay. You only need the extra 3 lines on the first form.)

Another technique that you might try is to set up a new printer device for this form. Add the printer as Generic/Text Only. The properties for this new printer will have a Fonts tab where you can enter the dot matrix printer control codes for the actual printer model you use (e.g., Epson LQ-570). Then, in report design mode for this form, select this new printer as the default for the form in Page Setup. Then, select the various text boxes and labels on the form and assign their font name and size properties to match the dot matrix codes (e.g., Courier, 10 cpi). This might give you better print placement on your form.

Hi jfischer,

Thanks for your response.

I had tried using the 3 blank lines at the top of the report header but it threw off the bottom of my report..(report is one page only) trying to print on a preprinted contract form. I have a section that contains data about each horse that is adopted..there could be 1, 2, 3 or 4 animals... so i had to create unbound fields (4) on that section to reserve the same amount of space if there is only 1 horse. I hope i;m making sense to you...anyway..the setup completely is off after i had 3 blank lines at the top..

maybe i can go back to the drawing board on the bottom of the form...or will try the printersetup you suggested.. you've given me something to work with and i appreciate your help!! judy

Use the Report header section
and place 3 Page break icon from the tool bar, one after another.

or create a 1/2 inches space in the report header section.

set you regional measurements to U.S. to get inches scale
dot matrix 1" = 6 lines

I do not know why you need to advance/page 3 times.
your printer driver if win98 should be FX100 use only the fonts that have a printer icon and not a TT true type font.

win2000pro does not have a good dot matrix driver the generic/text only will works but has limitation especially with forms lenght paging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back