Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is there a way to undo an adjustment batch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nlraley

Technical User
Sep 21, 2009
US
My boss has some of her accounting records in accpac messed up and was having me do write-offs for her to get her books up to date. However, she failed to mention the correct date range for me to be doing the write-offs for so I wrote off for last year when she needed to write-offs entered for a year prior to that. Is there a way to undo the write-off adjustments I did for last year after they had posted similar to how you would undo an invoice batch?

Export the batch to Excel, reverse the numbers, make a new batch, and import.

So I just change the:
In Receipts_Adjustments
'AMTADJENT
'AMTADJHC
'AMTDBADJHC
'AMTDBADJTC

Applied_Receipts_Adjustments
'AMTADJTOT
'AMTDBADJTC

Adjustment_G_L_Distributions
'AMTDIST

To their negative values? Import the new batch and apply it? Is it that simple?

Oh, and say I did it at first with each individual customer but I want to make one full batch. I've combined all the excel files, do I just need to change the 'CNTBTCH to the new batch and then increment the numbers from 1 to however many entries I have?

You can set those values to zero, they are automatically assigned when you import the batch. They are actually ignored by the import routine anyway, so whatever is in there does not matter.

Leave the CNTBATCH numbers alone, that's how the system knows how to connect the header and detail sections.

Okay, I made the appropriate entries and I get the following error:
Invalid input: Cannot pay Document Doc#. It has already been fully paid.

Any ideas?

I am assuming that it is b/c the document number refers to the invoice that was past due and the write off process technically zeroed it out. I was hoping swapping these numbers would un-zero it, but apparently not. Anyone have any ideas?

I can just take out the column entirely?

Also, the DOCTYPE is listed as 1, is this correct for this situation as well?

I think so. The original batch was applied to existing documents, but since they're paid off now, you can't do it again.

If it was me, I would manually enter one adjustment to one customer/document, and export that as my template.

Is there no way to undo the fact that they are paid off? Or am I going to have to go through one by one and re-add those individual invoices again?

I'm guessing it wouldn't be as easy as adding the InvoiceID# and adding a -2 to it to get it to basically be the equivalent of undoing the write-off?

If I was doing an actual invoice there is an field for what invoice it is applied to as well as the field for the invoice id. There is no applied to id in these.

1. Accpac does not have an "undo" function.
2. I just tested creating a reversing batch as a template, it works fine, so refer to my previous answer. With a little spreadsheet work, you'll be able to copy your current one into that format.
3. Yes, you could always just re-add the invoices with a suffix, accounting-wise it's the same.

I see where you are going with this, but the document number for these accounts are saying they have already been paid.

Basically they were from 2 years ago, she had me run the write offs with the wrong days set for outstanding balance. Now the write-off was processed it is showing the invoices for that year that were outstanding have been paid. I need to account for the write off and readd the ammount wrote off to these individual invoices and then make sure that the total isn't listed in the customer activity report summary sheet for the write-off ammounts.

I have the write offs I need ready to process, but basically the numbers I ran should have been write-offs for 2009 as I ran past dues for 08, but they are listed in 08. Is there any way to correct this?

So I'd have to go back and export each of these invoices and then get the invoice details for each invoice and then repost for each of the customers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back