Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is there a way to turn direct media off on the softphone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPOfficeGirly

Programmer
Jan 26, 2012
Do you know if there is a way to turn direct media off on the softphone. Just tried using the softphone from one softphone to another both on the VPN’s and it didn’t work. Think it wants to talk directly but we have not allowed this as we thought it would go via the IPO

its done in manager on the base extn.... IPO 101 :)

ACSS - SME
General Geek

1832163.png

Is that the only way of changing that setting, there is no way within the actual softphone itself?

I can see it in extension but when it’s a softphone all the details are grayed out. Is this something that will have to be manually entered in the firewall

This is because the softphone creates and deletes the extension.
There is no way of doing this.
You really should sort out the network instead of wanting to do this.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

OK cheers, thanks

IPOffice Girly
Avaya IP Office Sales, Design, UC,CC and Maintain
ACM Sales and Design
Mitel 5000 Sales, Design, Maintain and Installation

We have the same issue where we really want to turn direct media off too. We have a very strict firewall policy and only allow the port ranges through the firewall to the Voice network which causes problems if the user is trying to call another user who is out of the office on the VPN or if someone is using the softphone on our Data network. You could always turn direct media off on the old phone manager voip client its a real pain that it cannot be disabled in the latest release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back