Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is there a way to place a test call from remote location??

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabtek

IS-IT--Management
Jul 13, 2005
CH
Hi there,

I am managing IP Office 3.2 in Scotland and I am based in France. For test purpose I would like to have a way to place call remotely. I am managing the IP Office using a server in Scotland were IP Office Manager is installed. I can see call status, I have the Delta server installed... but no way to place outbound test calls. We only have ISDN ext. Is there a way to connect on "console" mode into the IP office ?

Thanks

if you have vpn access you could use phonemanager or Tapi to place a call.

What I do though for line testing is set up a call forward and point a ddi at it.

Depends what you want to achieve.

Or use an ip phone if there is a vpn

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

I don't have VPN and I have no IP licenses. Phone Manager is Avaya software ?

yup. you can install the tapi drivers or phone manager software, or both. and use them to initiate calls remotely

0118999 88199 9119725..3

You can also point a DID to 9+phone (e.g. 908700112201)number then when you call the DID it will route to an outbound call.

Kyle Holladay
ACA-I, ACA Call Center, ACS-I, ACS-M, TIA-CTP, MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007
ACE Implement: IP Office

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back