Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is there a way to increase /tmp in Solaris 8?

Status
Not open for further replies.

damunzy

Technical User
Dec 18, 2002
US
Good day,

I am using a software management program that takes tarred compressed programs (segments) and installs the segment for you. The installer program will uncompress the files to /tmp where it will then continue installing the program. When tyring to install WebLogic 8.11 the installer tries to uncompress 350MB of files into /tmp. The problem I am running into is I only have a 113MB sized /tmp directory even though I have 2GB assigned to swap. I have searched on the internet and have found ways for increasing /tmp in Linux but none for Solaris and would appreciate any help you can lend. Thank you.

You may have gotten a quicker response posting to the Solaris software column, but here is your answer:

/etc/vfstab
swap - /tmp tmpfs - yes size=512m

man mount_tmpfs will give you information as well.

This will reduce your overall memory in your system by 512Mb.

Tom Pietschmann
DST Systems, Inc.
Kansas City, MO

Thanks,

I will try this out Wednesday, 6 Aug. Also, thanks for pointing me to the Solaris forum, I looked for it but could not find it originally....guess I didn't look hard enough because I see it now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back