Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is there a way to find out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikedaruke

Technical User
Mar 14, 2005
US
Is there a way to find out if a tape is frozen, what drive froze it? I am writing a script to keep track of my frozen tapes and want to include what drive froze the tape. This way I can start to figure out if its a single drive that tends to freeze tapes, etc.

Thanks

I use bpmedialist -summary | grep -i frozen

check out your bptm log to see WHEN the tape was frozen. you will have to do a little more snooping to what exact drive did the freezing of the media

The bptm tells me its freezing it but I dont see what drive froze it! Any other ideas or am I not looking in the right direction?

Thanks

log files tell you the drive index number and the drive index number points to the drive.

Bob Stump
Just because the VERITAS documentation states something as certain, that does not make it a fact and that is truth.

Yeah the only problem is the logs are so big they only keep two days on the server. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back