Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is there a way to find out extension number from phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sway06

MIS
Jul 10, 2006
US
Instead of calling another phone to find out what extension you're calling from. Is there a way to find out the extension number without calling another phone?

If you put on BTN-VU on a softkey then you can press that and then 1 of your call-appr and it will show you the extension.

If you are trying to check an analogue phone, then sorry no way I can think about.

BTN-VU without this soft key there's no other way? For digital phones.

Look at page three of disp features
should be a setting for the below if no code is assigned then you will have to add one then dial this into your phone and it will display the extension

Self Station Display Activation

We use the Self Station Display Activation FAC for our digital phones, and the vector referenced in the FAQ for our analog phones. Both work great.

Susan
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls, and looks like work."
- Thomas A. Edison

On Page 3 of "Change Feature-Access-Codes"
There should be something called "Self Station Display Activation"

I dial 110 and 6408D+ display shows me the Port# and extension on the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back