Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is there a way to distribute service packs and updates to all domain m

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHead2

Technical User
Dec 18, 2001
I'd like to apply service packs and various windows updates to multiple machines in my domain. I know I can go to each machine and install the updates, but is there a quick(er) way I can do this via Active Directory?

Use the Microsoft Installer feature. Through group policy, you can assign or publish software/updates to specific computers or users/user groups. Most updates come with an .MSI file used for this, or if you are addept, you can create your own. The microsoft web site gives excellent detail on how to use Microsoft Installer to hand out software through the server to your clients.

I have try before but seem like it doesn't happen. FYI I applying updates in Computer Configuration\Software setting\software installation. BTW for deploy MS office through User Configurations\Software Setting\Software Installation was successfull!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back