Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is there a way to dial a DID by unique identifier in Avaya?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithMGOA

Technical User
Oct 19, 2009
CA
I have case where we have 250 staff and we do not want them to give out their direct phone numbers or extensions to clients. We want them to give out a user ID (a unique 5 digit identifier not generated by the Avaya system example a badge number). We would then have the clients call a central number and dial the agents by the identifier.
Using collect the digits and routing I think would get to complicated do the number staff. Would anyone have suggestion on what may work?

Give them non-DID numbers and when the central number is called, prompt the caller to enter their ID number, then do a route-to digits.

If you want, you can create a DID VDN that points to the non-DID station.

Kevin

Probably not a great idea to base a dialplan around an arbitrary number scheme like a badge number.

Curious, what if the shoe was on the other foot? How ridiculous would it sound to tell the badge people that badge ID's must be 10 digits and be the same value as a DID? Static IP the desktop PC's so the last 2 octets match their badges?

-CL

The 5 digit ID would have to be assigned as an extension, or Agent ID in the PBX. Our you would have to look at doing some sort of digit conversation. But in the long run, the 5 digit ID would still end up being there reachable extension. So want are you really trying to solve for here?

If you don’t want to give out DID to all employees then 4merAvaye answer is the way to go.

Hi after doing some research and talking to an Avaya tech, I found there is a way to do this by using the AAR table. and adding the Auto Alternate Routing (AAR) Access Code: in front of the unique identifier.

In the AAR table

matching Pattern field is the identifier.
Max and Min field I set o the length of the identifier.
Del field enter the length of the identifier (this deletes collected identifier number out).
In the Replacement String field enter the ext you want the call to go to.
Net field is ext
Conv field Y

create a vector

step 1: collect digits after announcement XXXXX the number of digits collected is the length of the identifier plus the length of the access code (In my case the identifier was 5 digits and the access code was 2 digits so I collected 7 digits)

Step 2: route to digits with coverage Y

Step 3: Stop

the caller calls the VDN hears an announcement to enter the identifier for the staff member they are calling ( we change the identifiers to have the access code as part of the identifier. example access code 12345 became XX12345 (XX being the feature access code)

You can also do the same thing without making the caller enter the access code by defining a variable. If you AAR code was 88:

01 collect 5 digits after announcement 1234
02 set digits = digits ADD 8800000
03 route to digits

-CL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back