Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is there a way to capture Symonview or Symposium data via TCP/IP? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxg01

Technical User
Nov 4, 2003
US
I am trying to set up a scrolling display to show agent statistics such as number of agents, etc.. Is there a way to capture the data from Symonview or Symposium via TCP/IP so that I can parse this info and display it on the scrolling display?
Thanks,
-Dan

Yes, this is exactly what we have done. I created an application that reads the Symonview packets off the network and inserts the data into our Oracle database. We currently do this only for playing hold time information on our Edify IVR, but I think it would be relatively easy to create an application to display this information in a scrolling format. I have already prototyped an application to do just that. But currently that aspect of our project is on hold due to lack of call center managment support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back