Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is there a trick to running OTM reports?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brutus82

MIS
Nov 25, 2008
US
In-house NEC guy turned in-house Nortel Meridian 61 guy here… again.

I’ve tried everything to run a report through OTM’S “Telecom Billing System” Reports i.e. “Extension Detail Report” and I always get a header with no data available. However, if I click Edit then "Call Database" I see everything so I know the data is there and being collected.

I’ve set up a filter with an extension and the dates I need, I’ve tried everything with my test filter and no matter what I do I get nothing Urghhhh!

Is there something I’m missing, or is there maybe a part of the software that we didn’t pay for? I never thought I’d say this but, I’m starting to miss AIMWorX! Hehe

HELP!

From the Help section of our "OTM Navigator - Release 1.20"

Menu Tree (Telephone Configuration)

The Telephone Configuration menu tree accesses the following Telephone Configuration functions: the main Telephone Configuration, Call Digit Translation, Carrier Pricing Template, Call Type and Cost Field nodes. You can create multiple nodes for different configurations within this menu tree structure.

And those are the exact options that I have to work with.

You could delete everything in the current config, and start over if you wanted. I have found the easiest (for me) way to complete the configuration is to work from the bottom of the tree up.

Here is what my completed tree looks like (Billing Config):

Telephone Configuration
Site Name
Node Configuration
Trunk Route Configurations (Multiple Lines)
Call Digit Translation
Site Digit Translation
Carrier Pricing Template
Inbound Pricing
Outbound Pricing
Surcharging (I leave this blank)
Call Type (Table of User defined Call Types)
Cost Field (Table of Cost Fields)

In the Site Digit Translation branch you can tell the system what your route access codes are, so they can be deleted from the dialed digits fields. If your access codes are in a particular block of numbers i.e. 1000-1099, then in the Match Digits field, enter '10??', and in the Replace Digits field, enter '-' This allows you to specify this global call digit translation table in the Site Name window.

Your Trunk Route Configurations must be completed - 1 for each trunk route that you want reports on. This is where you fine the 'Report Options' tab where you associate Call Types with Cost Fields, and specify wheter OTM should 'suppress' these values, report 'detailed' information, or 'summary' information. I configure everything as 'detail' in the 'Print Option' field.

In the Variable and Carrier Costing tab, you must also define which calls the module will report on. in the 'Carrier Costing by Digits' section, enter '*' in the 'Match Digits' field, and Select a pricing template to use for the system to analyze the digits, and associate a call type for each call record.

In the Carrier Pricing template, if you double click on the gray box to the left of each entry, the entire record is displayed in a pop-up window, allowing you to enter values in each field in a format that lets you see the entire record at once (I find this helpful). Fill out this record with appropriate values, and make sure you assign a call type from the 'Call Type' drop down list for each type of record in the template.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back