Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is there a trick to running OTM reports?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brutus82

MIS
Nov 25, 2008
US
In-house NEC guy turned in-house Nortel Meridian 61 guy here… again.

I’ve tried everything to run a report through OTM’S “Telecom Billing System” Reports i.e. “Extension Detail Report” and I always get a header with no data available. However, if I click Edit then "Call Database" I see everything so I know the data is there and being collected.

I’ve set up a filter with an extension and the dates I need, I’ve tried everything with my test filter and no matter what I do I get nothing Urghhhh!

Is there something I’m missing, or is there maybe a part of the software that we didn’t pay for? I never thought I’d say this but, I’m starting to miss AIMWorX! Hehe

HELP!

If you are attempting to report on ACD sets, make sure your using the position ID as the DN.

Click the Ext/Trunk tab in the Filter and make sure in the originating column the DN is entered as follows:

Use 2 seperate lines for Originating and Terminating

reporting on DN 1234. If this was an ACD set, instead of entering DN 1234, you would enter the Position ID in place of the DN.

Code:
Originating                         Terminating

ID Type   Low   High      ID Type   Low   High   Show Cost

Ext       1234  1234                             Originating
                          Ext       1234  1234   Terminating

Ok I have that in my filter except using one of our extensions "6811". In "Call Date" I used for testing purpose 12/14/2008 in the From and 12/28/2008 in the To. Everything else in the filter is default. And I still get the fancy header stating "There is no data, or none...". And I know this extension made and recieved calls durring this time because I see it in the data.

Anything else I need to check? Thanks for your help.

No it has not, I do not believe they ever setup costing becase those fields always appear empty in the data, or with a 0. What is the process for costing the data?

Well I started the costing process ond it's filling in "0.00" in that field for all records so... fingers are crossed and Anxiously waiting!

You may have to purchase and download tarrifs from 'Avotus' through the Nortel partner/channels to load onto the TBS.

I beleive on first install you get a freebie at the time from whatever Telco provider you use, then after which if you require any updates along the way there will be a charge for this.

Once in it'll need to be set up in the TBS Configuration for each node/site etc

Cheers !!

You need to have the records 'costed' before they will appear in a report. If you are not worried about charging your users for the calls, and just want to see details about the calls, then you don't need to buy any costing modules, but you do need to go through the costing configuration, and set-up whatever costing values are appropriate for you.

Ok completed costing and it worked, now when I run report I actually get a report. Costing isn't important to us, just the extension and calls made/recieved, and duration.

For my filter i setup one extion "6811" just like picture in earlier post. Setup "Call Date' like mentioned above. Running "Extension Detail Report" I get no data in the "Digits Dialed" and "Location columns, everything else is populated accuratly. Is there something further I need to setup in my filter to see the actual Dialed and Recieved digits?

Thank You all for pointing me in the right direction!

Have you verified that you are actually collecting those digits? Are they present in the Call Database call records? If not, you will have to configure the CDR portion of your trunk route data blocks for the outbound digits, and the CLID parameter in the PARM section of the configuration record for the inbound calling line ID.

Yes in the data I see all digits incoming and outgoing however, in the report the Digits Dialed column is always blank

Is the column blank in the costed-calls record of the call database?

Nope "Digits" and "CLID" columns are accuratly populated in the Costing/data section.

In your Telephone configuration in the costing module where you define your trunks, in the 'Report Options' tab, have you defined your 'Call Type' to 'Cost Field', and have 'Detail' in the 'Print Option' column?

In my Telephone configuration in the costing module I have "Telephone Configuration", "Call Digit Translation", "Carrier Pricing Template", "Surcharging", "Call Type", and "Cost Field" however "Cost Field" has nothing in it on the right hand side when clicked on, just Box with header "Cost Field" and one blank row.

You need to define at least one cost field.

In my installation, I have:
International
National
Local
Toll Free
Directory Assistance
Operator Assisted
Emergency
Other
Internal
Incoming

In my Call Type block, I have a User Defined Call type for each of the above Cost Field types of calls.

Under my Carrier Pricing Template, I have then defined different digit patterns to be associated with the different Call Types.

Finally, in my trunk configuration in the Service Definition tab where my trunk routes are defined, I have '*' in the 'Match Digits' field of the 'Billing Parameters' area, and '*' in the 'Match Digits' Field of the 'Carrier Costing by Digits' area of the 'Variable and Carrier Costing' tab, and finally in the 'Report Options' tab, I have an entry for each Call Type consisting of the Call Type, Cost Field, Print Option, and Route Description.

TM Billing is a PITA to set up, but once your configuration is complete it works pretty well.

I do not have any of the following in mine:

"Finally, in my trunk configuration in the Service Definition tab where my trunk routes are defined, I have '*' in the 'Match Digits' field of the 'Billing Parameters' area, and '*' in the 'Match Digits' Field of the 'Carrier Costing by Digits' area of the 'Variable and Carrier Costing' tab, and finally in the 'Report Options' tab, I have an entry for each Call Type consisting of the Call Type, Cost Field, Print Option, and Route Description."

THIS IS WHAT I HAVE

Telephone Configuration
• Telephone Configuration
1 New Configuration (Basically all Defaults)

• Call Digit Translation
1 New Digit Translation Table (Basically Blank)

• Carrier Pricing Template
1 New Carrier Pricing Template (Looks Completed to me)

• Surcharging
1 Nothing

• Call Type
1 National
2 Local
3 Repair
4 Intl-Op-Asst
5 Toll Free
6 LD Directory Asst
7 Dir Assist
8 Operator Assisted
9 Incompleted Calls
10 Emergency
11 Other
12 Incoming

• Cost Field
1 Nothing

You need to have a complete telephone configuration so that the application knows what level of detail you are looking for in the reports.

Be sure to replace the Route Access Code (ex: 7001) with a dash (-) in the Telephone Configuration. That will report the correct call info to the Reporter.

TTYL,
DocVic

allenmac I agree with you however, I do not see a way of adding a branch to the existing tree i.e. "'Report Options' tab" I can only add too the branches that I have as mentioned above, and there is very few options.

Is there a way to creat a fresh Telephone configuration, configuration with everything I need?

To me it looks like they didn't fully set up the "Telephone configuration" because it probably wasn't needed at first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back