Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is there a router that accepts 2 different internet connections? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nate12345

Technical User
Oct 12, 2004
US
Hi,
At our small business we have a business comcast line setup for our internet access. However, in the event that comcast is down (happens every so once in awhile) I have a backup internet connection through yahoo dsl.

If comcast goes down I have to manually switch over to the dsl modem and enter the info in the router page. I was wondering if there was a piece of equipment out there that accepted two internet connections.

I understand you can't obviously browse the internet from two connectsion from one computer, but perhaps there's something out there where the top row of ports belongs to internet connection 1 and the bottom row belongs to internet connection 2, or perhaps pieces of equipment could someone be daisy chained? I'm not sure, that's why I'm posting. Thanks,

Nate

Thank you very much! I'll be sure to look into this model, if anyone else has any other recommendations please let me know. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back