Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is there a Remote Access feature for Nortel Meridians?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikenificent1

Technical User
Dec 9, 2002
US
I know for example with the Avaya G3 you can dial a certain phone number and barrier code from a remote location phone and use another PBX as if you were on site. Is there a way to do this with a Option 61? Is there certain packages needed? It is very useful in trouble shooting remotely.
Thanks
Mike

It's called DISA "Direct inward system access" it can accessed from the outside world by using AUTH codes, some people think this is a bad thing to do, but I have been doing this for more than 20 years and I've never had a breakin as I check CDR daily to verify know one has used a AUTH code who shouldn't be.

Thanks for the info but could you be a little more specific? How would I call in, and do I use a standard auth code in LD 88?

Thanks

In LD24 can you define a DISA number.
(REQ NEW, TYPE DIS)
You can assign your own access code, but most important is to give the DISA number the right restrictions.

The best is to set a very high restriction. In that case it is not interesting to use it for anyone, even if they finds out the DISA number or code.

To use it, you just dials the number to the DISA service.
(The DISA number has a number like any other extension)
The DISA number answers with a special tone and then you can enter your code. After that you have a dial tone from the switch, and can call extensions, access codes, and other calls (that is not restricted)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back