Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is there a quick way of checking alarms ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mabery

Technical User
Oct 1, 2001
GB
Is there a quick method of check the system if you have an alarm. Using LD 32 STAT shows condition of each channel, is there a faster way ?

If u want to know the disabled Tns,then
in small system its
>ld 20/32
req:ldis n /where n is the cabinet number
that will list u, all the disabled units of that Cabinet.

in big system its
>ld 20
req:ldis l s /where l is the loop and s is the shelf

that will list the disabled units of that shelf...

in an option 11, it's LD 32, LDIS cabinet number
i.e.
.LD 32
REQ: LDIS 0 (OR 1 OR 2 OR 3 OR 4)

LD 32 is only a small part to checking alarms. Most of us check all of our switches at the beginning of the day. I personally do the following.
ld 22
prt
ahst (checks the history log of the day prior and while you were sleeping)
ld 60 (stat, lcnt, rcnt if needed)
ld 30 (stat)
ld 96 (stat dch)
ld 48 (stat msdl/tmdi)
ld 32 (stat)
ld 135 (stat mem, cni, cpu)
ld 137 (stat)
ld 97 (prt xpe)

This really doesnt take that long, and to me a piece of mind goes a long way.

to see alarms i usually keep the capture screen on, and review that when i'm in the switchroom.. i use ld 117 inv generate to find missing stations.. and a script ldis all. that does a ldis on each loop. but you also need to stat 60 and lcnt that load.. 32 does not show your pri's.. and it does not hunt to test your dtr's conf channels, cot's standby cpu/cmdu's stat rdun, stat cpu etc.. i don;t care to type all the commands in book 3 of 3 but there is a stat or test for every card in the box.. i don't spend a lot of time looking for disu stations... we have 8000 users that tend to check those now and then

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Ah I see we are all thinking different... nice to know we have all bases covered. I was thinking building alarms.
Anyway PBXN, a better command than AHST is VHST that way you can search the history file and not have to see the whole thing if it is very long.

Thanks TA, I capture everyday's history and keep on the net for future review, then purge every few month's. My history is set for the past 24 hours nothing more so its not to bad to go through, but I do use the vhst from time to time.

thanks for a selection of useful suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back