Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is there a Quick Edition Media Player plugin for Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bhadeshia

Technical User
Jun 22, 2007
GB
I have a user with Avaya Quick Edition, they have 2 XP and 2 Vista pc's.
I need to install QE media player plugin for Vista so that they can use their Voice Maile to e-mail wave file.

There is no Vista plugin yet. They are supposed to bring one out in 4.0.

Engineer

Remember it wasn't raining when Noah built the ark.

Thank you

Do you mean that they are going to bring 4.0 for Quick Edition?
Do you know what is the time scale?
I need to inform our Sales team and also some of our Customers.

you have customers that are still happy with the product??
we have problems with this and I threatened to hurt the next sales man that will sell it. We have mostly the G10 gateway for the lines and they just sound like crap we have one site with the newer G11 and the voice quality is actually almost normal.
SIP lines are actually OK but most customers have still their analog phone lines and then it becomes a battle to convince them that this is just the new sound quality they get and they should not expect the same high level of voice that they had from the late 60's on.
Sorry about the sarcasm but I am highly disappointed with this product and can't seem to get past the voice quality even if the system has some nice features.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACA, ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

> even if the system has some nice features.

What? Quick edition has features? I've never found them... :)

Take Care

Matt
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

yeah it comes with voicemail and an auto attendant without having to pay extra.
I don't like it as a "phone system", but I have a test phone at my desk with my home phone number (SIP) and THAT is nice.
You could do the same thing with an IPO and SIP license (and cheaper if you already have the IPO) but it seems that people want cheap, no matter how much it will cost them.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACA, ACS

Hi Guys
Thank you for your response, I am trying to stop Sales people selling this product but with all the features included free it looks good on the sales brochure and the demo screens.
I can't wait for my customer to out grow the system so I can install IP500.
As usual if sales are against another system with the lower price they will try and sale Quick Edition , I think they are looking to get the foot in the door.

Hey everyone,
You guys are quite right on some points. Now my main focus point for my job is the IPO but i am required to learn the other systems as well. And i actually fell in love with the quick edition. I think it is a great system if used properly. There is the problem. As we all know sales people are idiots, The quickedition was designed for SMALL office applications and other little places a pizza joint and flower shops things like that. The problem is the sales people are selling it to replace the Partner. Avaya made a replacement for the partner it is called the IPO 500 without the standard to Pro upgrade. The quickedition is a great system and it has some great features with it. Right now the GA release for it is 3.3 and 4.0 will be out in early June. I am in the beta testing group for the quickedition product and 4.0 brings out a whole slew of new features and compatibilities. I can't say much but they are coming out with some new phones for the system that have some much awaited features.

Engineer

Remember it wasn't raining when Noah built the ark.

johnvoda1
are you using the G10 gateway with the one-x and you are still happy?
I can honestly say this is the second worst system I have worked on in the last 24 years of my carreer it is by far worse the the early IPO's and that measn something.
I case you want to know the worst it is called Octopus C20 an all wireless system in the early 90's

Joe W.

FHandw., ACA, ACS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back