Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is there a limit to the number ATM4 cards on R5? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikedphones

Vendor
Oct 11, 2005
US
Going back to a site with an R5 that I put in when I was young and beautiful in 2009!

Of course, we have an overdue upgrade candidate here, but for now, I am trying to add an ATM4v1 into slot 4 of the 500V1. I have tried different module combinations and all result in a red light on port 9 due to the ATM4 not being recognized. I have put it on a Phone2 and a couple of DS8 with no luck. Tried a couple of ATM4v1 cards. We are trying to add lines 13 and 14.

Slots 1,2,3 are all Phone2 with ATM4V1. My intent was another Phone2 with another ATM4V1. The DS phones are all living on a DS30V2.
They also have VM Pro.

I remember the R5 had a standard and professional tier. I am wondering if this thing caps at 12 trunks?? The only two licenses are the VMPRO and VMPRO add 2 ports.

The only helpful info I could offer is that years ago, there was a 16 port trunk mod sitting on top of it as expansion mod 1. It failed and we ended up going the ATM4 route in slots 1,2,3 instead. The old Trunk16 isn't showing up in the configuration. I was thinking I needed to delete it, but either I already did a few years ago or it fell off on its own. I don't think it's got anything to do with that.

I just need to add lines 13 and 14 and was hoping a 4th ATM4v1 in slot 4 would do the trick. I also have an old legacy carrier with 4 line mod on the shelf I could try if anyone thinks it worth a shot.

Any thoughts appreciated.

The installation guide says max 4.

At some stage there was a small system upgrade license that was restricted to 32 users and no expansion modules but no mention of trunks.

Make sure it isn't an ATM V2. That wasn't supported until R8.1.65.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Yea, I definitely confirmed both ATM4 units I tried are V1 as I am aware of that. I also flip flopped another Phone 2 from slot 2 to slot 4. No ATM works in slot 4. If this isn't a licensing limitation, I am thinking the config is corrupted. Doesn't seem to matter what is in slot 4, the red light comes on for the card in the mezzanine.

I am likely going to do one or both of the steps below.

1. Save the config, default/erase the config and then offline>send config.

2. If that still doesn't work, I might try a legacy carrier with an ATM4 in it.

If everyone agrees that four Phone2 units with 4 ATMv1 mods should work in a 500V1 R5, it's got to be a corruption somewhere unless anyone else has an idea.

Thanks

I am fairly sure at R5 you are running into the ATMV1 Rev being to high. If I remember right you need PCS9 or lower for it to work on that release and anything higher will not work. Good luck finding an older PCS of a ATMV1 at this point though...

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

Minimum Software Level: 6.0+.
This depends on the version of the card as follow:

•V1: 6.0+. New build PCS04 cards are only supported in systems running IP Office Release 6.1(20), 7.0(12) or 8.0 and higher. Refer to IP Office Technical Tip 237.

•V2: IP Office Release 8.1 Feature Pack 1 or higher.

That document says PCS04 for a Combocard. I think what you want to look at is the PCS of the ATM V1 and I am fairly certain it needs to 9 or lower to work on R5.

The new PCS07 IP500 ATM4 Combo card and PCS10 ATM4U Daughter card require a
minimum software level for the card to be recognized in an IP500 system. The IP Office
must be running a minimum software level of 6.1(20) or 7.0(12). The Combo card and
ATM4U Daughter card will not function with earlier releases of IP Office software.

So that confirms what I thought. PCS10 of the ATMV1 is only compatible with 6.1(20)+ or 7.0(12)+. You need to find a PCS of 9 or lower to work on that release... good luck!

Also if you are tying to use combo cards a max of 2 combo cards in a system

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Avaya Remote Support Engineer (A.R.S.E)

legacy card carrier and IP400 analog 4 trunk card FTW.

qtelcom said:
legacy card carrier and IP400 analog 4 trunk card FTW.

Oh ya good call there. Legacy carrier and an IP400 ATM4 would almost for sure be easier to find then an IP500 ATM V1 PCS09 or lower. Pink for qtelcom on that.

For as much time as you have in on it right now you would probably be better off getting a refurbished analog 16. Googled them and they go for around $150.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back