Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is there a limit on the number of digits in a speedcall number and if so can I change it? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MillTechNet

Technical User
May 28, 2009
GB
Hi,

Is there an adjustable limit on the number of digits I can set a speedcall number to? It seems to be set to 7 on our 3300 MXe running version 9.0.3.29 software. Just wondered if this can be changed to allow more digits and if so, how? Same goes for the number of digits on ACD paths.

Many thanks

Tim

Just called into work and checked that the Networking Option is enabled, however we are only licensed for IP Networking and not XNET Networking. I did notice you referred to XNET in your instructions.

I'll take a look at your instructions properly on Monday morning when I'm properly back at work.

Just one question, this is a live system. Will doing any of these steps stop it from working as it is at the moment with the numbers we are currently using?

I really appreciate your help with all this.

The forms for IP Networking and XNET networking are the Same.

I'll continue the intructions before monday.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Starting over

First lets build your IP trunking.
- In your digital trunks they will be assigned to a Trunk Service Number. They might each be a different number but are typically the same
- In your Trunk service Assignment there will be a COS (class of Service) assigned, all digital trunks should be the same COS
- Hopefully the comments field is used when the Trunk Service is used, find a blank one and name it IP trunks
- Assign the same COS as the digital trunks and set the absorb digits to 0 and set the insert digits to (Star)* (Make note of Service Assignment Number)
- In the Network Assignment Form your system will have an IP address assigned (the one you use to access ESM, Embedded System Manager)
- We Need to create a Cluster. Goto Cluster element form
- Add Cluster and give it a name, do not program anything in the PNI field
- Add member and choose your system, assign PBX number 1 to it, CEID digits of ????? (unique number on system)

- In release 9, the form names are different but they are organised better so I will give you the navigation to the forms
- Configuration
- Trunks
- IP/Xnet?
ICP/PBX Networking?
- Add PBX 1 and designate it as the local system
- in the lower window, enter the IP Address
XNET/ ICP PBX Networking
- Add PBX 1 and designate 200 IP trunks
IP/XNET Trunk Profiles
- Assign the Trunk Service Number that you created earlier then 1 for interconnect and a 1 for remote profile
IP/XNET Trunk Groups
- Trunk group 1, PBX 1, Local profile 1, hops 26, IP, IP, Trunks 200

ARS
We will need a separate route for each Region Code (80)
It might be simplest to start with Route 100

Routes
Each Route will need its own Modified digit table
Example:
Route 101, IP/XNET trunk group 1, COR 64, MOD Digit table 101
Route 102, IP/XNET trunk group 1, COR 64, MOD Digit table 102
Route 103, IP/XNET trunk group 1, COR 64, MOD Digit table 103
Route 180, IP/XNET trunk group 1, COR 64, MOD Digit table 180

ARS Digits
- Enter ARS Digit Entries for each DDI with * as the first digit (* was added above)
- Each DDI with a common Region code will be assigned to a different route

Modified Digits:
We want to retain the last 4 digits of the DDI (absorb 9 or 10 digits)
Then we insert 2 or digits that allow a unique entry for each Region
The combination is a 6 digit unique number
When the call loops back it will have a * inserted again to become *AB3456

Speed Calls:
Create Speedcalls for each 7 digit unique entry and termimate them to the appropriate destinations.

Summary:
System receives 11 digits - ABCDE123456
Trunk service form prepends *
ARS Entry *ABCDE123456 chooses Route XXX with Modified Digits Table XXX
MOD Digits remove 9 digits and insert 2 resulting in AB3456
AB3456 is dialed out on IP trunks and received as AB3456
Trunk service Assignment Prepends * again
*AB3456 matches Speedcall
Speedcall designates trmination point

Good Luck

IQ server can transfer calls based on DNIS. You mentioned that all the calls are terminated on the RAD initially, so this is a perfect use case. Also if you have SIP licenses, Asterisk can be used instead and you can create any DN transformations using dial plans

Using IQ server will not overcome the 7 digit issue.

I'm following most of that I think. I take it that I can do this on alive system without upsetting the other stuff it is doing?

Correct, no reboots required.

The only gotcha's are in choosing the digit scheme.

I suggested adding a Star in the trunk service assignment form but that's only a suggestion. You need to find a digit that can be added without creating conflicts on your system.

Same thing applies to the cluster digits. That can be anything up to a 7 digit number and the digits don't matter as long as they are unique.

I also made the assumption that retaining 2 digits for Region and 4 digits for the tel number was sufficient to retain uniqueness.

I'll need to take a look through all the numbers to check out if there will be any problems. I can see the principle you are applying and I have to say it is very clever! If there are problems with uniqueness I think I can use your methods to work around them.

I'll let you know how I get on!

Thanks a lot for this.

I was just reading thru this again and I realise I got confused on which Trunk Service Applied and When.

On an ealier draft, I inserted 1** on the inbound call to guarantee that it would not conflict with any current dialing plans

I then thought (mistakenly) that the same Trunk service would apply on the loop. (No the new one does)

The New trunk service created for the IP trunks should have absorb 0 and insert [blank] (as in nothing)

This allows us to retain 5 of the original phone number digits or 3 of the region digits (your choice)

The resulting 7 digit number would then be the speedcall.

When Trunk group absorbs digits, the original DNIS is preserved, correct me if I'm wrong, so if there will be a conflict, the call will be forwarded to IQ anyway.
Just a side note, I'm not trying to object the loopback solution, it was shared here previously and I used it with great success. However I can see how creating 500 or so loopback routes can become hairy even if some of them can be aggregated by prefixes.

I would assume that the digits are presented in the call setup message to the mitel and the the Mitel strips whateverr it is told to and it must pass that on to the call logging buffers complete so it must be preserved somewhere. It only uses the stripped digits to signal the endpoint? Since its a call centre function mainly i would have thought that ACD would use it as well...? (help files;ANI/ DNIS/ISDN - Automatic Call Distribution) and specifically the last table in this.ANI/DNIS/ISDN - Display Telephones and Consoles.

Now you have to remember I am not an ACD man....please be gentle in your explanation.....

- slapin said:
When Trunk group absorbs digits, the original DNIS is preserved, correct me if I'm wrong
Nope, the digits absorbed are gone forever

- wireman50 said:
I would assume that the digits are presented in the call setup message to the mitel and the the Mitel strips whateverr it is told to and it must pass that on to the call logging buffers complete so it must be preserved somewhere
Same answer

Please bear with me as I am struggling here:

ANI is the clip presented from the dialling in person..yes?

DNIS is the number that was called...yes?

In the above extracts from the help files it says that in the ringing state (or indeed answered state) the origional DNIS is presented (if the correct COS is enabled i.e. DNIS before Digit Modification) so how does it do that if the agsorbed digits are gone?

Or is it that the DNIS presented is the result after digit absobtion?

Once the digits are absorbed, they are gone and cannot be displayed in any fashion.

After absorbtion digits Become the DNIS digits before modification

Digits can then be inserted to become DNIS digits after modification.

One thing I just discovered that may be a hitch in the plan:

Help Files said:
The system accepts the first 10 ANI digits and the first 10 DNIS digits sent with a call. All subsequent digits of each are ignored.

I had taken it as a given that the system was receiving 11 digits and processing normally. This appears to be in error.

Is this why we have to insert the digit 0 in the UK so that redail functions correctly (BT only deliver the ANI minus the 0).

No, the dial 0 addition for outbound calling on caller ID is completely different.

We are talking about inbound digits being dialed into the system.

Just thought I should report back. Using the ideas given by kwbMitel I have got this to work.

Many thanks for the assistance.

Awesome - Never tried it myself, but the theory was sound. (obviously)

@MillTechNet

There is a way to thank a user for their assistance and I believe in this case it is well deserved.
Would be nice to give kwbMitel a star for being a star.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back