Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is there a LANCTE Software Version that runs on Windows 7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spmcevoy

IS-IT--Management
Jan 28, 2009
US

I have a older BCM 1000 running OS 3.7

We have several LANCTE licenses installed, primarily so the staff could link their desktop Microsoft Outlook to be able to directly call from a contact.

We download the LANCTE Application from our BCM's built in software page.

But, alas, the version in OS 3.7 we have doesn't work on Windows 7 (works fine with XP, but we've replaced all our PCs).

My local Nortel phone people are clueless about this (VoIP is not their thing)

Is there a version of the LANCTE client out there I can download from somewhere that I could use with Windows 7?

Thanks for your advice....

Steve

Probably not, BCM 3.7 has been EoL for some time now and no current patches or updates have been written for it for quite a while. I'm afraid you are out of luck.

If you upgrade the BCM to 4.0 and install all of the latest patches you may be able to get a version of LAN CTE that works, but only with 16 bit W7, not 32 bit as Nortel/Avaya did not release anything compatible with 32 bit W7.

Is it possible to get just the BCM 4.0 LANCTE Application from only from somewhere (download, email, etc) so that I could try it on one station just to see if it will work in our environment? I would hate to go through the whole 4.0 upgrade process (and risk) without knowing a fix was imminent. Can anyone share the 4.0 LANCTE with me somehow for a test?

I do not think you can get 4.0 any more and also bcm 1000 is end og life I don think you could even upgade it to version 6.0 would need to replace unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back