Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is there a e-z way to find out the IP address of a printer 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rumalo

Technical User
Feb 14, 2004
BS
I have a printer set up on my network that I can print to if I install it from the network but I can't find the IP address for that printer .... "Novell printer server"...

Is there a e-z way to find out the IP address of that printer

Check the manual or manufacturers website and find out which buttons you need to press to print a configuration page.
If it's on a Novell Print Server then the chances are that it has an IPX address instead of an IP address.

windump is a good free network monitoring tool. You could watch where the traffic goes from your ip address when you submit a print job.

Novell printer server
What's you're network setup? What kind of printer setup? Using a box to connect the printer to the network, or does cable go straight into the printer? Good luck.

Glen A. Johnson
If you're from Northern Illinois/Southern Wisconsin check out Tek-Tips in Chicago, Illinois Forum.

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884

NOVELL might actually imply IPX/SPX...

There are many, many variables here...

JTB
Have Certs, Will Travel
"A knight without armour in a [cyber] land."

Status Page from the Printer is the easiest way. What Brand and Model is the Printer

nslookup printersharename

I should have said ....
nslookup Novellprinterservername
(Use the fully qualified domain name)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back