Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is there a disk limititation of 60 disks for a fc4700

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewitz

Technical User
May 6, 2005
DE
hello
we are running a fc4700-2 but only 60 disks are recognized. does anybody know if there is a sofort module to activate the other 40 disk?

This is what documentation says,
FC4700 Core software does not recognize EAs greater than 5 on either bus. This limits the total disk count to 120 drives, 60 per bus.

Also, I have a question regarding 2.5 inch drives that these things have. I have FC4700-2 with a dead SP drive in it. In one of the posts, you are referring to one of your threads about it, but I cannot find that thread. Do you know if it is possible to ghost (clone) 2.5 inch drive from another SP? I have tried with Ghost, but it did not work.

hello you are right we forget to use the other bus, there are two busses the one starts at the board it self.
you can ghost the disks but you must change the bios stetting to LARGE of disks in the motherboard bios so that the disk are maximum 10GB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back