Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is there a difference in formula between.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

aarat260980

Technical User
Oct 12, 2001
GB
Hello There
I was jst wondering whether there is any difference in formula for MS Excel 97 and Excel 2000.

What i am trying to do is calculate 20 days from start of application and am using formula as this.:
=WORKDAY(B8,20,{"02/05/2005"}
so if the start date is 06/04/05 the end date should be 05/05/05. remember its 20 working days minus a bank holiday.
This formula works perfectly on Excel 2000 but when my colleague tries to access it on Excel 97 this error pops up - #NAME?
Please help me

Thanks

Aarat

Aarat H Patel

Hi,

WORKDAY function is a Analysis ToolPak Add-in for Excel.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red]Be advised:[/red] When you ignite a firecracker in a bowl of vanilla, chocolate & strawberry ice cream, you get...
Neopolitan Blownapart! [tongue][/sub]

So then that would say to me that the Analysis ToolPak is either not installed on that machine, or cannot be used with '97

I don't know any specifics about that ToolPak but after typing it into Google it appears that it is compatible with '97 so that would lead me to believe that it is not installed.

Also as it is an add-in and not a built in feature then surely the format that you enter the function should be the same no matter what version you are using which leads back to it not being installed.

Shuppwreck

hello all
thanks for responses but it does not actually help me. i found out its an analysis tool pack but still am stuck

Appreciate your help

Thanks
Aarat

Aarat H Patel

You need to install the analysis toolpak add-in then don't you.......that's the only way they'll be able to use the WORKDAY function

Rgds, Geoff

"Three things are certain: Death, taxes and lost data. Guess which has occurred"

Please read FAQ222-2244 before you ask a question

is there any place i can download it from?

Thanks

Aarat H Patel

dont worry guys now i have done it
thanks for your help

Aarat H Patel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back