Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is there a default Pervasive password?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuzzel

Programmer
Jan 31, 2003
NL
Hello, i am trying to use the Pervasive monitor utility, but it wants me to login. When i just leave username and password blank i can enter the program. However, any menu option i choose results in an "insufficient rights" message box and an empty monitor screen shows up after this.

I am afraid the same applies for creating any new database in the PCC: it just won't let me create a new database.
I work on the server where the engine is installed, it's version 7.94 according to Windows.

So my question is: might there be some default password that i can try?

I will be most obliged,
Daan

No, there's not default password for a Pervasive database.
The Monitor is asking for an Administrative login for the OS not the database. The same also applies to creating databases.

Mirtheil
Certified Pervasive Developer
Certified Pervasive Technician

Hello again Mirtheil,
I am surprised to read this, are you quite sure about this? I am logged in at the server as a guy called administrator and the server lets me do just about anything. When i go and check who it thinks i am, i see that i am member of the built in administrators group, and have full administrator rights with my login as Administrator. (Windows 2000 with Active Directory).
So i am very much puzzled, and thinking of giving up.

Thanks anyway,
Daan

It doesn't matter what you're logged in as. The Pervasive Monitor (and Database Name creation) requires you to log in with an Administrative login when asked by the Pervasive tool. This is true for remote connections. If you physically go to the server, you may not need to log in.

Mirtheil
Certified Pervasive Developer
Certified Pervasive Technician

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back