Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is there a 5304 on the horizon? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajuntank

IS-IT--Management
May 20, 2003
US
I was told by a reseller at the beginning of the year that Mitel was going to release a 5304 phone (basically a 5302 with a added display) later this year. Is there any credence to this?
Thanks.

yes, see it, looks ok. Based on Minet too!! Woo hoo!

It's programmable in release 9 software for a big Mitel customer, but general release is later this year

This release has been postponed until February 2009.

Is there any publicly available info on this yet? Based on my vendor's info last year, I guessed at what their pricing would be for my budget this year to purchase them for the classrooms (about 100) I'll be migrating from Avaya.

Thanks.

Cajuntank, why migrate ?
I would not even think about the 5302 so i would not even think about the 5404 for a while :)

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

tlpeter

don't put the two in the same class. The 5302 was based on sip so limited. The 5304 is based on minet, so a lot for featurs and reliable. I saw one working at Mitel last week an looks good.

You can programme them in r9 but not available generally till 9.1. Theyt were designed specifically for a v large cruise line

Oke i did not know that
Good to know

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

They look like the would be a nice phone for classrooms in the K-12 enviroment. right now we have lots and lots of analogs out there in classrooms. any one know what there gonna cost roughly?

Only joking.

Expect it to be less then what you pay for a 5212 today. That's about the best guess.

Well, I have till about February/March before I have to spend my money on the 3300's (capital expenditure), but I can go a month or so beyond that to buy the phones since they are "non-cap". Thanks guys for the info.

According to Mitel, "Ready to Order" as of November 15, 2008.

WOW!

It hasn't even been released to BeaconRidge yet, so I'm impressed!

That's great... I was holding off, now I can get this started. Thanks.

Just been told, orderable now, with delivery next week, in the UK.

Part number: 51011571

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back