Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

is the OFO necessary when using remote agent 8.6 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cygnul

Technical User
Jan 11, 2002
GB
hi

ive upgraded a server from 8.0 -> 8.6

i am getting errors saying OFO "open file option" isnt working correctly. this was used when the box was on ver8.0
can i remove it now - will the 8.6 agent take care of open files?

cheers

Hi..

Can you post a copy/paste of error from your log?
In my experience i see the Remote Agent for NT/2000 is able to protect only some types of open files, like OS files, but is unable to protect files open by a user in a file server. My Veritas sales account say the Open Files Option is a prerequisite for Intelligent disaster recovery.

bye
franz

Franz: Open File Option a prerequisite for Intelligent disaster recovery? Not one I've seen before, although it's probably a good idea to make sure you have all your files. It is needed for the "intelligent image option" though - but I've never installed it for anyone who wanted to use that.

cygnul: did you install the new open file option when you upgraded? you haven't given the exact error message so I can't tell any more from what you say - have you tried the Veritas website for the errors you're getting? in my experience you can find solutions for most of open file problems there.

Hi weakpun...
My Veritas Sales Account say it....
I think she want only sell more licences....

Bye
franz

Hi cygnul,

1. 8.6 still requires an Open File Option to backup open files.

2. Check help/about in Backup exec. You also need the OFO option (License key) listed. If it isn't you need to run setup again and enter the key.

3. Check that the Open File option is installed. See following technote:

How to determine if the Backup Exec for Windows NT and Windows 2000 8.x Open File Option component OTM (Open Transaction Manager) is installed and running on a server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back